Award Winning Photography | Architecture, Interiors, Products & People
Call 508.872.4880 today
for a free consultation on your next project.    

Retouching Examples

We can “tweak” images (ours or yours) . . .

Before: This building had been unoccupied for six months and looked a bit worn. The landscaping was in poor shape, there were no flowers and the asphalt drive had not been recently sealed. In addition, the brick had streaks from effervescence.
After: We spruced up the shrubs, added flowers from our image stock, cleaned up the asphalt, blued up the sky and removed the effervescence on the brick.
Before: This busy retail location was never without vehicles, and we were not permitted to ask the store’s clients to park elsewhere. Our client wanted all cars removed and the marks on the asphalt cleaned up.
After: We removed the cars and “rebuilt” the areas of the building that had previously been hidden behind the vehicles. In addition, we cleaned up the pavement.
Before: Our client was concerned about the numerous weeds, lack of pretty shrubbery, seeing distracting bright furniture on the neighboring property at the right and the deep shadows on the façade (residence faces North).
After: We replaced the weeds with flowers and shrubbery from our image stock, added vines to cover the distraction at the right side of the frame and reduced the intensity of the shadows.
Before: The front side of this home is always in shadow since it faces North. The bright sun creates an intense amount of contrast where it hits the light-colored stone. Our goal was to make the overall image look more appealing.
After: We combined two images – one with the proper exposure for the home, and one with the proper exposure for the sky and sun-bleached stones. In addition, we added two more flowering plants to the foreground and cleaned up small leaves and twigs that were scattered about.
Before: Our goal was to photograph this interior space with the least amount of disruption to the occupants. Instead of bringing in lots of lighting equipment (which is somewhat invasive and takes some time), we used simple reflectors to enhance the environment, and photographed a darker and lighter exposure to combine later in the computer.
After: By combining two exposures (one for the main portion of the interior and one for the window areas) we were able to bring out the detail of this unusual space without changing the lighting as it was designed. We also removed the emergency lights in the upper left and the exit sign.
Before: Our client was not happy with this image he photographed with his own camera. It was too dark, distorted (notice the curve of the bottom of the cabinets) and off-color.
After: After correcting the barrel-distortion and perspective, we adjusted the density and color of the laboratory. We also removed the bluish cast in the window and the reflection on the countertop.

Before: This building had been unoccupied for six months and looked a bit worn. The landscaping was in poor shape, there were no flowers and the asphalt drive had not been recently sealed. In addition, the brick had streaks from effervescence.

After: We spruced up the shrubs, added flowers from our image stock, cleaned up the asphalt, blued up the sky and removed the effervescence on the brick.

Before: This busy retail location was never without vehicles, and we were not permitted to ask the store’s clients to park elsewhere. Our client wanted all cars removed and the marks on the asphalt cleaned up.

After: We removed the cars and “rebuilt” the areas of the building that had previously been hidden behind the vehicles. In addition, we cleaned up the pavement.

Before: Our client was concerned about the numerous weeds, lack of pretty shrubbery, seeing distracting bright furniture on the neighboring property at the right and the deep shadows on the façade (residence faces North).

After: We replaced the weeds with flowers and shrubbery from our image stock, added vines to cover the distraction at the right side of the frame and reduced the intensity of the shadows.

Before: The front side of this home is always in shadow since it faces North. The bright sun creates an intense amount of contrast where it hits the light-colored stone. Our goal was to make the overall image look more appealing.

After: We combined two images – one with the proper exposure for the home, and one with the proper exposure for the sky and sun-bleached stones. In addition, we added two more flowering plants to the foreground and cleaned up small leaves and twigs that were scattered about.

Before: Our goal was to photograph this interior space with the least amount of disruption to the occupants. Instead of bringing in lots of lighting equipment (which is somewhat invasive and takes some time), we used simple reflectors to enhance the environment, and photographed a darker and lighter exposure to combine later in the computer.

After: By combining two exposures (one for the main portion of the interior and one for the window areas) we were able to bring out the detail of this unusual space without changing the lighting as it was designed. We also removed the emergency lights in the upper left and the exit sign.

Before: Our client was not happy with this image he photographed with his own camera. It was too dark, distorted (notice the curve of the bottom of the cabinets) and off-color.

After: After correcting the barrel-distortion and perspective, we adjusted the density and color of the laboratory. We also removed the bluish cast in the window and the reflection on the countertop.